Staff Resilience and Wellbeing Programme
At Garden Needs we believe that early work place interventions around stress, anxiety and depression offer a much better option for employees and employers. To support this intervention, we have developed a staff resilience and wellbeing programme for Greater Manchester.
We know that once a person is off work, on the sick, that their daily structure disappears, confidence and inter-personal skills fall, their ability to self-motivate to do the simplest task evaporates.
The staff resilience and wellbeing programme offers a 6 week period of volunteering and mindfulness to employees.
What does the programme look like?
- Release from work for 1 day or ½ day and 1 evening per week
- Volunteering at the Garden Needs Community Wellbeing Centre. The centre provides a tranquil setting, surrounded by trees and birdsong where volunteers can work on a wide range of tasks, some solitary, others as a team, some really physical and others more creative.
- Attending a 6 week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) course delivered at Garden Needs. The course will provide people with the techniques to better manage stress and anxiety to improve their own wellbeing.
What are the benefits?
- Employees will have improved wellbeing, coping mechanisms and financial stability (as a result of staying in work).
- Reduced stigma associated with volunteering than with attending counselling or going off sick with mental health issues.
- Employer keeps staff in work, reducing the cost of staffing resources and additional impact on the wider team.
- Employer demonstrates a long-term commitment to looking after staff, improving their reputation as a good employer.
How much does it cost?
Garden Needs can offer two options for employers, either an annual subscription for the organisation that will be negotiated based around the number of employees per organisation or on a unit rate per employee using the service at £500/person for the 6 week programme.
So are you ready to take the first step to make a difference? Do you want to offer a solution for employees before ‘the wheels fall of the cart’, maybe just when they’re getting a little wobbly?
Contact – firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 212 4980