Our WorldTo reduce environmental impact and introduce steps to make positive environmental contributions to our local area.
Garden Needs is in a perfect place to demonstrate, teach and support people to reduce their environmental impact.
Garden Needs will:
- Collect and re-use rainwater
- Grow plants within an organic growing system and demonstrate companion planting in the planting schemes
- Only use and sell peat free compost
- Generate its own compost and leaf mold from waste materials on the garden centre
- Grow as many plants as possible at the garden centre to minimise transportation
- Install wood burning stoves to provide a sustainable source of heat in the winter
- Support and encourage bio-diversity at the garden centre through planting schemes and maintaining natural habitats
- Identify and purchase products with the least environmental/social impact
- Put up signage to promote all of these measures to all visitors.