Here’s what we are doing to keep you safe
Covid-19 – Guidance – Keeping Everyone Safe
To ensure everyone’s safety and to allow everyone to be able to utilise the sessions we have made some changes as follows:
- We will be running shorter sessions in smaller groups. This will enable us to distance properly while giving everyone a chance to get involved.
- These sessions must be booked in advance so that we can limit the numbers as needed.
- Sessions are as follows:
Monday Woodland Wellbeing – 12.30 – 2.30pm
Tuesday Garden Needs Morning session – 10am – 12pm
Tuesday Garden Needs Afternoon session – 2pm-4pm
Thursday Garden Needs Morning session – 10am – 12pm
Thursday Garden Needs Afternoon session – 2pm-4pm
- To book onto a session call 0161 710 1075 or email email@example.com
Guidance when on-site:
- Volunteers will not be permitted to enter the main portacabin buildings.
- We have erected additional outdoor shelter to ensure we have somewhere to keep dry.
- Toilets can, of course, be used, cleaning supplies including antibacterial wipes are in the toilets and we would kindly request that you wipe services after you have used the toilet.
- The Government recommends that everyone (when out in the community) should aim to either wash their hands or use hand sanitizer every 20 minutes. Hand sanitizer is available on site to facilitate this.
- Social distancing will be in place at 2 metres, we will be observing 2 metres rather than 1 for now to ensure safety, please respect others space and stick to the 2 metres.
- Please do not shout or raise voices.
- Basic food and drink will be offered and this will be handed to you from inside the cabin, we will be using disposable cups and napkins where possible.
- You will be asked to strictly keeping to requested start and end times to minimise cross over with other centre users.
Getting to and from the site:
- If using public transport please wear a face covering.
If you are unwell:
Please do not come to the site if you have any of the Coronavirus early warning symptoms –
- High temperature (hot to touch on chest or back)
- A new or continuous cough
- Loss or change to sense of smell or taste.
Please call us on 0161 710 1075 if you develop these symptoms after being on site with the last 2 weeks.